KSRO and The Carey Brothers have teamed up to present the Sonoma County Fire Recovery Seminar on Saturday, January 13, 2018, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Veteran’s Memorial Hall in Santa Rosa. The seminar will have a panel of experts that will cover subjects from planning and permitting to updated codes and fire safe building products.
KSRO’s morning news anchor Pat Kerrigan will host, as the Bay Area’s own James and Morris Carey bring their decades of construction experience to Sonoma County.
Residents affected by the North Bay Wildfires are invited to attend to get information that will be helpful to their re-building.
Some of the topics that will be covered during the seminar include:
- Getting And Evaluating Cost Estimates
- Knowing What You Had – Creating an As-Build Set of Plans
- Selecting a Contractor
- Re-Creating a Landscape Plan
- City Building Requirements, Resources & Timing
- Fire Resistant Building Materials
- Fire Resistant Building Techniques
- Settling With Your Insurance Company
- The Contract
- The Building Process
- Utilities: Electrical, Gas, Water, Cable
Panel of Experts:
- Contractor’s State License Board
- City (or County) Planning Official
- City (or County) Building Official
- Insurance Attorney
- Professional Land Surveyor
- NARI – National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- PG&E Representative
- Structural Engineer
- Landscape Designer
- Fire Resistant Building Product Manufacturers
Ways to Listen to the Seminar if you can’t make it in-person
Listen live to KSRO on your radio 1350AM, south County 94.5 FM or North County at 103.5FM. If you are out of the listening area you can also stream KSRO RIGHT HERE.
The Carey Brothers will also stream the event LIVE from their Facebook Page.
How to share your questions with The Carey Brothers – we can’t guarantee we will be able to answer them all:
The call-in number for the seminar and showtime is 707.636.1350.
You can also Tweet your questions to @careybrothers
You will be able to text your questions to 800-REPAIR4 (800-737-2474), that day during the show hour.*
*Depending on your plan, text message charges may apply.
Hope to see you there!